Do you love writing?
Are you interested in international relations and the UN?
Do you have excellent English skills?
Are you passionate about education?
Do you want to earn some extra money?
If you answered yes to those questions, then we are looking for you!
The WFUNA International Model United Nations (WIMUN) is the most accurate simulations of the United Nations, featuring intensive training workshops by leading Model UN experts, briefings on important agenda items by UN Officials, and the unique opportunity to learn how the UN really functions.
WIMUN prides itself in offering high level content and resources to participants to help them prepare adequately for their role as diplomats during the different simulations. Not only does WIMUN provide online training sessions before our conferences, but we also have our background guides (so called SG Reports) reviewed by UN Officials who are experts on the different agenda items discussed at WIMUN.
In order to ensure SG Reports are of the highest possible quality before they are submitted to UN Officials for their review, we are now looking for motivated individuals to join our newly created Content Writing Team!
The WIMUN Content Writing Team will be responsible for researching, writing, and editing all WIMUN SG Reports, whenever the need arises. All members of the WIMUN Content Writing Team can make themselves available for projects whenever they have the time, i.e. being part of the team is very flexible and you do not need to take on additional responsibilities while you are very busy with university work and other extra-curricular activities.
- Research, write, and format ~2000 word WIMUN SG Reports whenever the need arises (a sample can be found here)
- Edit and revise SG Reports after feedback is received from UN Officials
- Update old WIMUN SG Reports as needed
Requirements and Eligibility
- Must be currently enrolled or have recently graduated from university. Current university students are preferred.
- Excellent English writing proficiency.
- Good Microsoft Word skills.
- Access to a computer or laptop with Microsoft Word.
- Must be detail oriented, motivated, and dependable.
- Keen interest in the United Nations, international relations, and education.
- While prior experience with Model UN and WIMUN in particular a plus, it is not mandatory.
- Opportunity to contribute to a large international education activity.
- $50 remuneration per completed SG Report written from scratch.
- $25 remuneration per updated old SG Report
- Flexibility to work on projects only when you have the time to do so.
- Flexibility to work on projects wherever you are. Being part of the team is 100% remote and can be done from the comfort of your home.
Please apply here by Monday, November 30, 23:59 EST. Please review the responsibilities, eligibility, and benefits carefully before applying. Questions about the positions can be directed to email@example.com.