A Unique Opportunity
UN Spotlight offers a unique online Training Program allowing students a fully immersive virtual learning experience about the UN. Open to a wide range of ages and experiences, UN Spotlight brings the world of multilateral diplomacy directly to participants.
Through an efficient and customizable system of online events, classes, and interactive sessions, WFUNA focuses on relevant international issues with the help of experienced professionals from all over the world. The online format combined with WFUNA’s expertise and broad network offer a wide range of exclusive opportunities that students cannot access anywhere else. UN Spotlight provides delegates with hands-on training, practical knowledge and guidance on constructively and effectively participating with the UN.
- Online classes and interactive sessions
- Immersion into the core values of the UN
- Speakers from all over the world
Immersion into the core values of the UN
Partnering with universities and educational institutions, WFUNA offers a training and educational experience that promotes the effective participation of youth in the UN’s work through briefings with UN agencies, intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations. As a leader in the civil society community connected with the UN, we draw from our vast professional network to include a wide range of knowledgeable and experienced speakers to lead sessions during the training program.
Speakers from all over the World
UN Spotlight has had the privilege of hosting speakers from the UN Environment Programme, the UN Development Programme, UN Women, UNICEF, UNESCO, the World Health Organization, the World Food Programme, the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, the World Trade Organization, the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the UN Economic Commission for Europe, the International Committee of the Red Cross, and various Permanent Missions.
UN Spotlight will focus on different themes in international affairs and pillars of work of the UN.
- Multilateral Diplomacy
- United Nations History and Structure
- Peace and Security
- Sustainable Development
- Humanitarian Action
- Disaster Management
- Human Rights
Since then, 450 students have participated and graduated from the program, offering them the necessary tools to understand evolving global challenges and a unique perspective on critical international issues.
UN Spotlight brings the UN and the world of Multilateral Diplomacy directly to students. Study the most pressing issues on the international agenda and how you can contribute to shaping a more peaceful world.
What type of content will the training include?
- Lectures from 8 officers
- Interactive sessions
- Workshops with professional trainers
- Role play simulation of an intergovernmental conference
- Innovative quizzes
- Public speaking and presentations
- Independent research
- Drafting a policy proposal
- One-on-one assessments
- Professional development
What will I learn from participating in training?
- Empower students to tackle global challenges and critically engage with the work of the UN
- Gain a deeper understanding of multilateralism and the UN system
- Understand key international concepts and issues within broader frameworks
- Interpret and analyze complex ideas from multiple angles
- Conduct independent research & write a policy proposal on a Sustainable Development Goal
- Develop public speaking skills and present opinions, ideas, and work to an audience
- Improve professional and teamwork skills
- Obtain information on career building and working with international organizations
- Apply the core values of the UN in thinking globally and acting locally