The REAL UN Experience at Home
In order to allow students to engage in meaningful and worthwhile activities outside their school work during the current COVID-19 related lockdown in many countries around the world, the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is launching WIMUN Online.
WIMUN Online is for all high school and university students aged 14-30. Each session will go ahead once a minimum amount of students has registered in order to ensure proper and productive debate and negotiations.
Teachers will be able to participate as observers for a reduced fee.
WIMUN Online sessions will offer participants the unique opportunity to learn about current world affairs and the United Nations, while honing their public speaking, negotiation, and debating skills - all from the comfort and safety of their home. Highlights of WIMUN Online include:
- Two hour sessions each day, for a total of three days
- The most accurate simulation of the United Nations from the comfort and safety of your home
- Extensive training materials and other online resources to help participants prepare for the sessions
- Training Q&A at the beginning of the simulation
- Briefing and Q&A with UN Staff or other expert on the agenda item*
- Opportunity to deliver an opening speech
- Opportunity for extensive negotiations
- Electronic Certificate of Participation
* Subject to availability