Every three years, WFUNA's Plenary Assembly calls together representatives from UNAs all around the world to establish our organization's goals in support of the United Nations. WFUNA's 41st Plenary Assembly would not have been possible without the hard work and dedication of UNA-Canada, who hosted the conference from 18 - 22 November 2015 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada at the Vancouver Marriot Pinnacle Downtown Hotel.
PA41 was preceded by a seminar on "Global Transformations: The Sustainable Development Goals" and capacity-building sessions before proceeding with the Plenary Assembly from 20-22 November. Six new UNAs were admitted to WFUNA, three new Vice-Presidents were elected to WFUNA leadership, and eight new UNA leaders were elected to the Executive Committee.
The outcome documents from the Plenary Assembly are available in the sidebar. The following are links to Plenary recaps and multimedia.
- A message from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
- A message from UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein
- Seminar Panel 1 - Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Seminar Panel 2 - SDG 13: Accelerating Action on Climate Change
- Capacity-Building Day Summary
- Plenary Assembly Day 1 Summary
- Plenary Assembly Day 2 Summary
- Plenary Assembly Day 3 Summary
- WFUNA's 2nd Global Youth Forum
Read the full message from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon:
View the video message from UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein:
Read about the activities of our more than 100 United Nations Associations over the last three years in the UNA Activity Report 2012-2015